Hollow Grounds got its first real update this weekend. There are a few things that have changed
- Tutorial Skip: The first 6 Levels are now labeled "Easy". That means you unlock straight to level 7 as soon as you beat the first level. I noticed quite a lot of people never played past them, so this is for them to experience the tougher levels with more interesting track pieces.
- Wall Siding: When you fly close to walls you will speed up three times as fast, as seen by the orange trail that you will emit. This can give you a chance of still obtaining a good speed rating if you mess up once
- New Icon: I've allready written this, but the new Icon really looks way better. Not sure if people who already bought the game get something out of that though ;)
- Better Performance: All code has been optimised to make the game fun a bit smoother on old generation iPhones like the 3GS.
- Brighter Graphics: I was able to develop a Unity shader-replacement that makes the colors even more bright an saturated. Now the gae should look exactly as the intended assets were
- Applifier: The full version of Hollow Grounds will feature now a "More Games" button by Applifier. Applifier has a nice curated little list of games that they recommend. Check them out, there is some nice stuff in there like "Zen Bound 2"
Applifier needed some new assets for promotion of Hollow Grounds, Let me share them here: